Wednesday, April 16, 2008

United Streaming and more

Two weeks ago, I worked with one of our chemistry teachers, trying to find appropriate videos to demonstrate a chemical process. She had been having trouble finding something on redox reactions. I have only a small idea still of what this really is, but I was impressed with our ability to find something in United Streaming that will work for her in the classroom. They provided us with fairly simple indexing so we were able to get to the right thing quickly.
It was also great to be able to work for an entire hour, one-on-one, with her because my intern was here that day. I will be offering a workshop for teachers on Pagekeeper, delicious, and iGoogle next week; I have found Pagekeeper to be great for organizing myself. I have taught that to my new student teacher & she's using it now too. I have been unsuccessful in getting delicious to work on my home computer; this is where a laptop for MILI would have been extremely useful to me. My own computer is at least 6 yrs old, and that may be the problem with delicious. I am still quite interested in trying to get it to work.

No comments: