Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Journal Alert

Yesterday, I got my journal alert email for an alert I set up two weeks ago. The topic I chose for this alert was " institutional racism". This has been a topic for some of our faculty in-service meetings under the umbrella of "Courageous Conversations". For the last meeting we were asked to read an article that was published in 1990. It was annoying to me to be asked to frame our conversation on something so OLD, so I am determined to find appropriate current articles to address the topic. This article was very interesting, and I have included the URL here. It doesn't really address the topic in relation to schools, so I will be going back to tweak my search terms. I can see this service being really useful for classroom teachers looking for specific or additional classroom materials, and also for keeping current on favorite topics.

proquest.umi.com.proxy.elm4you.org/pqdweb?index=0&did=1434392771&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=3&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=PQD&TS=1204520022&clientId=45189

No comments: